Friday, August 24, 2012

Day 2. Glamis Castle


Glamis Castle
I do love the chance to see some of Scotland’s beautiful heritage. We have an extraordinary amount of stately homes and wonderful castles, many in ruin, some in need of repair and some just simply beautiful. This place is stunning. Glamis Castle just north of Perth is situated on some lovely grounds and home to an annual music event. The Prom 2012 featured classical music with some Scottish flavour and I was lucky enough to be there to capture the atmosphere of it on camera. This is where the Queen mother grew up you know.

The staff at the castle were magnificent and a special mention must go to Libby Reynolds who was a real gem. Thanks Libby, you're a star !

Here on the roof we could watch the arrival of thousands of people from around the country bringing everything with them. Tables, chairs, candelabra, beer, wine. So civilised. I really will have to return here. Brilliant atmosphere.


I was privileged to wander around the grounds on two wheels. Not the usual variety, two parallel wheels on a computerised gyroscopic defy all physics electric scooter. Great fun and I never crashed once. Look at these things. I have some excellent video also.

I was sad to leave early, but I'll be back next year if I can.

On another subject, I still haven't received my Carnet de Passage documents. Without this, I can't get into Iran or India! more to follow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment